In June 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a futuristic scheme that has made provisions for people from all strata of society to become home-owners. Named the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, this scheme is dedicated to eradicating slums for cities and providing people from economically weaker sections, low and medium income groups, members of scheduled castes, tribes and other backward classes as well as women, senior citizens and members of the transgender community, a concrete or “pukka” home by the year 2022.
The PMAY scheme offers such member a home loan at subsidized interest rates. Also known as credit linked subsidy scheme, it has proven to be very popular with the government receiving many applications. However, applicants are confused about how to check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana status. Here’s a step by step guide to checking your PMAY status
Tracking your Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application status
Here are the steps you need to follow
- Visit http://pmaymis.gov.in/, the official website of PMAY scheme.
- Go the option titled ‘Citizen Assessment’ on the taskbar.
- Select the option ‘Track your Assessment status’ from the drop-down menu under Citizen Assessment.
- When you click on ‘Track your Assessment status’, you will be redirected to another page titled ‘Track Application Status’.
- Once you reach this page, you have to choose one of the two options mentioned below.
- Option 1 – ‘By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No’
- Option 2 – Assessment ID
Tracking Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application status by selecting Option 1
- If you choose to track your PMAY status by selecting option 1 i.e. By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No’, you will need to enter details such as the names of your state, district, city provided in the drop menu. You will also have to input your name and your father’s name, as well as your mobile number.
- Once these details have been entered into the system, you can click on submit to view your PMAY application status.
Tracking Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana status by selecting Option 2
- If you choose to track your PMAY status by selecting option 2 i.e. ‘By Assessment ID’, you simply need to enter the assessment ID provided to you at the time of the application. You are also prompted to enter the phone number provided by you in the application form.
- Checking your status by the assessment ID is the simpler option. Simply inputting these details and clicking on submit takes you to the page where your application status is displayed.